Monday, May 22, 2006

Do you ever feel like your life is a little...


The sun was already up when he awoke. The faint rattling of the blinds overhead he blinked in the sunlight streaming in through the window above his bed. With a sigh he turned over and tried to go back to sleep.

Do you ever wonder where life is taking you?

Stepping carefully out of bed to avoid the stacks of papers, piles of clothes and random junk he has allowed to clutter his floor beyond reason he mutters to himself; "I really should clean this crap."

Monday.

Plopping down on the couch releasing thousands of particulates into the air as he pulls on socks and feeds a belt through the loops around his waist the roommate wanders into the room.

"Hey. What are your plans for today?"

Plan. Schedule. Forsight. What am I doing? Where am I going?

"I don't know. Maybe a game. Maybe a date." (I feel kind of disinterested with doing anything, let alone telling you about it.)

"Oh."

Sometimes I wish I actually said what I think, but I can't talk that fast most of the time. When I can I usually do, and it takes people off guard a little, until they get used to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Iras Malis Amtephrah Sokatsudo said...

It's not actually a question I ask a lot. I mostly just consider it your business, and you'd tell me if it had anything to do with me.

You know that.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Iras Malis Amtephrah Sokatsudo said...

... And by the way, I wonder what life is doing to me all the $%#@ing time. Sometimes it strikes me as an excuse to think deep, philosophical thoughts, but largely it annoys me that other people can function through each day without even thinking once about why the hell they exist.

... and as a further amendment to my last comment, never think of me as a pest. I mean, come on... do you honestly think that with all these deep, philosophical thoughts I'm thinking that the possibility that I exist purely to torment my fellow mortals doesn't cross my mind once? And if it were true, you could bet I'd use a vastly different tactic to accomplish my evil ends than the rather lame "Hey. What are your plans for today?"

Seriously...

;) lol

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home