Wednesday, May 31, 2006

When Life Hands you...

lemons?
apples?
grenades?

It's been a while since I felt like life handed me anything. Not that I'm saying I get everything myself. More like I feel like my life has been boring. Not boring like nothing is happening. More like boring because I havn't been doing anything. If you didn't guess by my previous post I was very addicted (or I guess I should say am addicted) to an MMORPG called World of Warcraft. Frankly I wasn't doing anything else. Now that I'm free (because I'm not playing Warcraft) I realize just how much I really wasn't doing.

I've been clean now for a few weeks and my life still hasn't gotten back on track completely. I'm doing more at work, like going to work, and I'm seeing someone. That's really good. I like that. I still want more, and I'm not even sure what that more is that I want. I guess it's excitement. I feel pretty blah. Maybe that means that I'm still hooked on the adrenaline of the game, maybe I'm just bored with normal life.

Is the definition of "normal life" boring? In real life things are never as exciting as in movies or in video games. But can't it be more satisfying sometimes? Movies and video games are only paritally satisfying, where in life can I find the rest of my satisfaction? I just can't get no satisfaction.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lone Barbarian said...

Hey! That's a song!

Life shouldn't be boring, but I don't really know how to make it more exciting without taking risks, and frankly, I know I'm not nearly as good at that as I'd like to be...

Good luck with all that bordom...

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home